Sold for £17,000
Camera & Photographic
Flints Camera & Photographic department holds Fine Auctions twice per year. These sales are very well publicised, with advertisements in all the main trade publications, social media and at trade fairs. The catalogues produced for our fine sales are in full colour and are fully illustrated. They are sent to collectors, institutes and museums across the world.
Jonathan Brown heads the camera department and has a long history of being involved within this field. As a professional photographer he has an exceptionally high standard of presentation which he carries into his cataloguing, along with well-researched descriptions. The catalogues produced by Flints are valuable reference works used and trusted by leading collectors and institutes.
Flints sales contain a wide range of photographic equipment, from the earliest periods of wet plate up to items from the present day, including digital. The sales often include fine cameras from well-known names such as:
- Leica Screw, Leica M, Leica Copies & other rangefinders
- Hasselblad, Rollei, Bronica, Linhof & other medium format
- Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Alpa, Zunow & other 35mm camera systems
- Early Wet Plate, Dry Plate & Mahogany & Brass cameras
- Rare lenses by P. Angenieux, Cooke, Dallmeyer, Kinoptik, Hugo Meyer, Som Berthiot, Ross & others
Rare and early lenses at the moment are proving very popular with a recent sale of a Hugo Meyer Kino Plastmat 2″ f1.9 lens selling for £21,080 and various Dallmeyer Super Six lenses selling for well into four figures. To discuss the current market of these lenses, please get in contact with Jonathan Brown.