Sold for £88,000
Flints Scientific Instrument department holds Fine Auctions twice per year. These sales are very well publicised, with advertisements in all the main trade publications, social media and at trade fairs. The catalogues produced for our fine sales are in full colour and are fully illustrated. They are sent to collectors, institutes and museums across the world.
Matt Nunn and Keith Petts head up the Scientific Instrument department and have a long history of being involved within this field. Their exceptionally high standards are particularly evident in their cataloguing, along with well-researched descriptions. The catalogues produced by Flints are valuable reference works used and trusted by leading collectors and institutes.
Our Fine Scientific auctions offer instruments and artefacts from the earliest periods to the mid 20th century and contain a wide range of scientific instruments. We welcome enquiries from both sellers and buyers on individual items or collections in the following areas:
- Drawing instruments
- Globes, orreries and planetaria
- Microscopes, slides and accessories
- Physics demonstration models
- Slide rules and early mechanical calculators
- Surveying and navigation equipment including sextants, octants, theodolites and compasses
- Telescopes and early astronomical instruments