Sold for £31,200
Camera & Photographic
Flints Camera & Photographic department holds Fine Camera Auctions twice per year. These sales are very well publicised, with advertisements in all the leading trade publications, social media and at trade fairs. The catalogues produced for our fine sales are in full colour and fully illustrated. We send them collectors, institutes and museums across the world. Furthermore, all of our auctions are available for live bidding, giving you access to the global market. We use www.the-saleroom.com and www.liveauctioneers.com, enabling maximum exposure.
Jonathan Brown heads the camera department and has a long history of being involved in this field. As a result of being a professional photographer, he has an exceptionally high standard of presentation which he carries into his cataloguing. The catalogues produced by Flints are valuable reference works used and trusted by leading collectors and institutes.
Flints camera auctions contain a wide range of photographic equipment, from the earliest periods of wet plate up to items from the present day, including digital. The sales often include fine cameras from well-known names such as:
- Leica Screw, Leica M, Leica Copies & other rangefinders
- Hasselblad, Rollei, Bronica, Linhof & other medium format
- Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Alpa, Zunow & other 35mm camera systems
- Early Wet Plate, Dry Plate & Mahogany & Brass cameras
- Rare lenses by P. Angenieux, Cooke, Dallmeyer, Kinoptik, Hugo Meyer, Som Berthiot, Ross & others
Furthermore, rare and early lenses at the moment are proving very popular. We have had many recent sale highlights including:
- Dallmeyer Speed 3″ f1.5 lens – SOLD £31,200
- Ross Xpres 3″ f1.9 lens – SOLD £30,000
- Hugo Meyer Kino Plasmat 2″ f1.5 – SOLD £20,400
To learn more about the value and why these are so popular, please have a read of our popular artical on rare lenses here.
From single items to complete collections, selling through Flints is one of the most efficient and effective ways to achieve the very best price. Therefore, if you have any enquiries regarding consigning for our camera auctions, please contact our camera specialist Jonathan Brown.